Caretakers of a Rare Island Paradise
This lush 9,000-acre resort on the Island of Kauai's dramatic North Shore was named for Hawaii's young crown prince in 1860. Home since ancient times to Hawaiian taro farms and, more recently, sugar plantations and cattle ranches, the resort began to unfold as Hawaii's first and largest master-planned community in the late 1960s. In 2005, The Resort Group partnered with Morgan Stanley to purchase the resort; Jeffrey Stone acquired Morgan Stanley's interest in 2012.
Now, Princeville at Hanalei is home to a luxury hotel, casually elegant vacation residences, two award-winning golf courses, Princeville Shopping Center, the private Princeville Airport, historic taro lands and much more.
Under the guidance of The Resort Group as master developer, Princeville Resort features:
- St. Regis Princeville Resort, Hawaii's first St. Regis, a re-branding of the resort's former Princeville Hotel
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, Hawaii's first Starwood Vacation Ownership opportunity
- Prince Course & Golf Club, 18-hole Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed golf course (undergoing renovation and future improvements)
- Princeville Makai Golf Course, 27-hole Makai (Ocean) Robert Trent Jones, Jr. designed golf course
- Princeville Shopping Center, with 51 specialty shops, galleries, restaurants, post office and more
- Princeville Airport, privately owned and accommodates private aircraft